Saturday, February 28, 2009

My Birthday!










Yes, today is my Birthday. No biggie. Just another day.

I don't remember a single Birthday Party at the "Haunted House". I do remember "The Mom" made a cake and there were candles....but no friends....and no presents. I guess you could call that a Birthday Party. Shouldn't you feel "special" on your Birthday? Shouldn't that one day be for you and you alone?

I remember my 8TH Birthday. It stands out in my mind because "The Mom" was not and had not talked to me in days. This was one of her favorite ways to abuse....the "silent treatment". After several days of pure neglect and even forgetting why she stopped talking to me in the first place, I would do something bad...just to get her attention. My "something bad" usually involved treating my little Sister harshly....hey it was all I knew! My Sister was her favorite, although she was beaten just as I and my Brother were. To this day, my Sister and I do not have a close "sister type" relationship. That causes me to be sad.

Anyway, I will be spending my Birthday here at home, doing nothing special. Birthdays have never been a happy day for me, why should this one be any different. Happy Birthday to me.

BECAUSE IT SHOULD BE! YOU DESERVE TO BE HAPPY ON YOUR BIRTHDAY AND EVERY DAY! KICK THAT OLE DEPRESSION IN THE ASS AND GO OUT AND PARTY! PEACE!
(please note: the above is a "switch in identities"....it's Susannah.)



"Child Abuse casts a shadow the length of a lifetime."

1 comment:

The Real Gal said...

Susannah, even though I am late in saying this, "Happy Belated Birthday!"