Monday, April 6, 2009

"LOVE"


What is Love? The free Dictionary by Farlex defines love as:

1. A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness.
2. A feeling of intense desire and attraction toward a person with whom one is disposed to make a pair; the emotion of sex and romance.

OK...well those definitions are not completely clear to me. There is "love" of family....does that fall under definition number 1? There is "love" between 2 people...a romantic love...so that must be definition number 2? I love my dog...which definition does that fall under? There is "love" of Country, "love" of music, "love" of Nature.....enough with the "love" already!

I asked Doc in "T", "do you believe that there is one true "love" out there for everyone?" His reply....was his reply. What do I believe, you may wonder? I believe "love" is just a cover-up. I believe "love" is dangerous and even harmful. I know, you are thinking...this chick is really messed up...but in my experiences "love" has never felt good. Perhaps I just won't allow "love" into my life, because I have always gotten hurt, in the end. And that's another thing....it always ends. At the end, there is more pain and heartache. Then the cycle of "what did I do wrong" and "why does everyone leave me" begins to unfold. Emotional pain follows and then for months I am a complete mess. Why put myself through all of this? Just so I can say "I have found my soul mate, my true "love", my partner for life? Then feel absolutely tortured when they leave? I have been alone more years in my life, than I have been "with" anyone. Yes, loneliness, at times, can feel rough, but you can be "with" someone and still feel extremely lonely. Please don't tell me it's because I have not found the "right" person, because I do not believe in the existence of that "right" person. Many of us in "T" have talked countless times about 'unconditional love', which includes such virtues as selflessness, friendship, acceptance and respecting the boundaries of others, among other adjectives. Sorry, if I sound harsh, I just don't buy the "love" and the 'right' person scenario! Yes, I also know what God has to say about unconditional love and for those lucky people, still having a connection to God, good for you and I respect your beliefs, and I envy you that connection.

Have I ever felt that I was "in love"? Of course, I have, and I paid dearly for those feelings. Love, in my opinion, leads you down a path of destruction and ultimately abandons you into a dark abyss.

Susannah~~

April is Child Abuse Awareness Month and National Poetry Month. The following is a Poem I wrote a few years ago:

"Love"

Unleashing the black pain which beats down and ultimately entraps
the spirit, the life deep within one's being.

Destroying joy and laughter, the spiritual soul. Dreams are no more.
There is no longer life and no longer a reason to hope.

To be free of others and of all emotion....to live unhurt.

Love is a poison.
Love is evil.

"us"


"The truth about our childhood is stored up in our body and although we repress it, we can never alter it. Our intellect can be deceived, our feelings manipulated. our perceptions confused and our body tricked with medication. But someday the body will present its bill, for it is as incorruptible as a child who, still whole in spirit, will accept no compromises or excuses, and it will not stop tormenting us until we stop evading the truth".

2 comments:

steveroni said...

Without love, there is noting...nothing. WITH LOVE, there is everything, absolutely EVERYTHING!

My experience, my opinion. Several years I have loved almost everybody and every thing. Living life becomes simple, rather easy, and of course--LOVELY! And peace reigns in my life today.

Wish I could explain it further, but I cannot.

Just Be Real said...

Greetings!
Thank you for sharing your poem dear ones!
I stuggle with the emotion of love. I only know of "sick" love or "depenedent" love. Never let or could let myself be loved.
Blessings to you!