Monday, April 13, 2009

"Run And Rally To Stop The Silence"


R - Rape
A - Abuse
I - Incest
N - National
N - Network

National Sexual Assault Hot Line
1.800.656.HOPE (Free. Confidential. 24/7)

FEAR prevented me from telling anyone of the Incest. FEAR that I would not be believed. FEAR of retaliation/death by my abuser. FEAR that all of it was my fault. FEAR for my Brother and Sister, also being sexually abused. FEAR that perhaps it WAS just a "Game" and I was just "dirty" thinking it was wrong. FEAR that I would be labeled "the girl who's biological Father molested her". FEAR of being hated for my part in the sexual abuse, though not willingly. FEAR of Mother, who was physically abusive. FEAR of being alone. FEAR of being crazy. FEAR! FEAR! FEAR!

I was probably about 4 years old, when the sexual abuse/incest began. That is when my parents separated for the final time. "The Dad" had visitation rights on all Sundays. He took full advantage of his visitation rights by sexually abusing me, every chance afforded him. Sometimes in his car, other times in his bed. How many years did the sexual abuse last? I do not, as yet, have the answer to that question. I am aware, it changed my entire life. I am not the person I was "meant" to be. Actually, I am many people. As a result of the sexual abuse, I developed Dissociative Identity Disorder, once known as Multiple Personality Disorder. I am an Adult Survivor of Child Sexual/Incest Abuse, currently in Therapy, on a weekly basis. I am slowly recovering memories and learning ways of coping with my Mental Disorder.

The "Run and Rally to Stop the Silence" is an amazing contribution in bringing greater awareness to the growing epidemic of Child Sexual Abuse. I am honored to be a small part of this effort. I wish I could be there in Washington, D.C. on April 19TH, joining other Survivors, but as I can not, I dedicate this Post to all those in attendance that day. Stopping the Silence, educating children and encouraging them to TELL, is the first step to wiping out this horrific, despicable crime.

Remember, there are NO bad children, only bad Adults!

"The truth about our childhood is stored up in our body and although we repress it, we can never alter it. Our intellect can be deceived, our feelings manipulated. our perceptions confused and our body tricked with medication. But someday the body will present its bill, for it is as incorruptible as a child who, still whole in spirit, will accept no compromises or excuses, and it will not stop tormenting us until we stop evading the truth".

3 comments:

Just Be Real said...

Right ON!

Rainbow said...

JBR - giggled some at your Right ON! but you betcha...right on baby..
safe hugs to you,
rainbow

Marj aka Thriver said...

Ooooh! Great post! I don't even have mine up yet. I will definitely link to yours when I get mine up tomorrow. Good work!