Thursday, March 26, 2009

"Anger - Red Hot"

Our anger is out of control!

Every little thing is causing us to spin out of control in anger. Repressed Anger, such as ours, comes out side-ways and sometimes directed at someone near to us. Other times we direct it inward at ourselves. We are so frustrated! We want the anger to stop, the outbursts to stop! We must find a safe and healthy way to release our anger. We have searched the net but can not find anything that "fits" us. Long time ago, we read "The Dance of Anger", but now can not find the book anywhere in the house! We are also missing our Photo Album, all the pictures of us in grade school and pictures of our Grandparents...this saddens us.

We are angry because our life was damaged by abuse.
We are angry because we feel inferior.
We are angry because we feel hopeless.
We are angry because we do not have a family to support us, during this Journey.
We are angry because we are, once again, "stuck" in a bad relationship.
We are angry because it is our fault we are stuck in this relationship.
We are angry because we can tell no one close to us what is happening to us.
We are angry because we are so different than others around us.
We are angry because because our friend will not believe we have a Mental Disorder.
We are angry because we feel so over-whelmed all the time.
We are angry because we can not control our anger.
We are angry because we have no life.
We are angry because we want to hurt ourselves.
We are angry because we can not sleep.
We are angry because we have lost our connection to God.
WE ARE ANGRY.........................

"US"

"The truth about our childhood is stored up in our body and although we repress it, we can never alter it. Our intellect can be deceived, our feelings manipulated. our perceptions confused and our body tricked with medication. But someday the body will present its bill, for it is as incorruptible as a child who, still whole in spirit, will accept no compromises or excuses, and it will not stop tormenting us until we stop evading the truth".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

((((Rainbow)))) Safe hugs to all, if okay!

Ahhhh, repressed anger. Know it well now. Still dealing with it! I certainly understand it is no fun at all dear ones. Thinking about you all and thank you again for your encouragment to me. Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Hello Rainbow, when reading your words my heart was truly saddened by your pain, your anger, your betrayals, your feelings of abandonment.

I can relate because I have been abused as well. The abuse was sexual by someone I thought was my friend but was not. Although it has been over 20 years ago, the memory is still there.

But, now I look at myself as a survivor and not a victim. I could not do this by myself. I had to depend on the strength of God to get me to the point where I am today.

I would like for you to know that I care and that I love you. You are not alone.

God bless

Rainbow said...

RealGal - As always..thank you for coming over to see us. We love safe hugs...always! Many safe hugs to you!

Valerie Lynn - Thank you so much for joining Child Abuse Awareness on April 4th. we are also a Survivor of Physical and Sexual Abuse. safe hugs to you!