Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"Apparently I Am Invisible"

Have you ever felt as if you were invisible?

Countless times in my life, I have been in a small crowd of women, all talking, laughing, conversing about life in general. All seems to be going along just great, until I try to add to the conversation. Apparently, I become invisible. They go on talking, as if I have never said a word. No one glances my way. So I wait for another opportunity, another subject, perhaps one that I feel my comments would be appreciated. All to no avail, I am ignored and I am so very hurt. Immediately, I begin worrying that "someone" has come "out" and said something totally alien to the subject at hand. Eventually, I just stop making any attempts to be in the conversation. This has been happening to me since I was a child. Now I know I am not the most intelligent, or interesting, or humorous woman in the world. But I am here! I am not invisible! I gave up years ago trying to come to some plausible explanation as to why this happens. However, that does not mean it no longer hurts....because it does, so much so, that I attribute these incidents as being part of my Agoraphobia.

At this point in my life, I am on-line....a lot! I belong to a group, and we are all friends, although we have never met. It's a forum, open to any and all conversations. Someone will post, then another will add their comments to that post and it then becomes a conversation. Once again, I become invisible! Why???? Today, I posted, in a loving gesture, to someone who has just lost a loved one.....nothing.....no thank you....nothing. Right after me, someone else writes a post and immediately that post is acknowledged! No, I am not paranoid, this is happening. No, I am not invisible, I am here! More importantly, I can read what I have posted, and it is relevant to the subject, which reassures me that "someone" else has not come "out" and written something off subject. Therefore, I am being ignored...but why? I blame myself, of course, that is what comes natural to me. I begin to question myself...what have I done wrong? Am I weird? Am I unlikeable? Have I ever been, well mean to this person? Did something happen between us of which I have no memory? I can tell you this. I have had it! I am completely finished with this particular person. I will never post or relate to her in any way again.

My conclusion.....I AM NOT INVISIBLE!

Susannah~~

"The truth about our childhood is stored up in our body and although we repress it, we can never alter it. Our intellect can be deceived, our feelings manipulated. our perceptions confused and our body tricked with medication. But someday the body will present its bill, for it is as incorruptible as a child who, still whole in spirit, will accept no compromises or excuses, and it will not stop tormenting us until we stop evading the truth".

4 comments:

Just Be Real said...

Susannah, You Are Not Invisible!

In fact, you are very intelligent.

When I read your posts here, I only wish my thoughts could come together as easy as it seems with you! You make sense your easy to understand, clear and concise.

I have met a lot of people in my life, where I end up putting them up on a pedestal and then convince myself I am less than them. This is one area in my T. I am working on. Ain't easy dear one! Now, there are "clicks" in the world. You find them just as strong among Christian’s individuals as well as secular individuals. It is part of life. I get snubbed. Even yesterday, my boss has a habit of half listening to you and it is so evident when she types away at her computer, not even looking at you and just saying, "yeah, yeah, yeah." She means well, but again, there are people that just do not understand and think nothing of it. Not being mean, that is just them!

You will get hurt from people. We both know that is a given. Whether intentionally or not, it will happen. It is how we perceive it and process it. That is on our part to do.

Maybe with you, it is hard to gain a true perspective when you are typing to someone then actually talking in person on the forum boards. What can be relayed in "type" could means something different when verbalizing. Still, you know best. If these girls are not even responding to your sincere talk, then they are really not worth the trouble. Move on Susannah.

You are the better one here!

Blessings.

steveroni said...

I'm here for the first time...agree w JBR, who IS a blog-friend of mine.

You communicate WELL, lady, there could NOT be misunderstanding. In my own life...I've experienced (more than my share) of what you describe. Even today, even on the blogs.

But ya know what? With me, it boils down to "expectations", my own self-centeredness, and boils down further to--what's left--my PRIDE. THAT'S the bottom line with me. Pride! The very first of what some call "sins"...in other words: "It's NOT about ME!"

I will be coming back to your blog, and am gonna link you. OK?

Rainbow said...

RealGal - as always...we thank you and love you. safe hugs to you

Steve - ty for visiting us. ty you for your words of truth and kindness. yes, plz do follow!

Vague said...

we hear ya.... have that experience too.