What are the odds of becoming a Child Abuse statistic? How many Adult Survivors of Child Abuse do you personally know?<-------Right here are the odds of becoming a victim of Child Abuse. Of course there is Child Abuse after the age of 4!
Let's narrow it down some.
Child sexual abuse has been reported up to 80,000 times a year, but the number of unreported instances is far greater, because the children are afraid to tell anyone what has happened, and the legal procedure for validating an episode is difficult.
I am an Adult Survivor of Physical/Emotional and Sexual Abuse and Neglect. As an adult and a Survivor, I have to wonder....well, why? Why did I survive and so many children did not? Luck? Fate? I wish I had the answer. There were times, and still are, I thought I would die....wanted to die. But I survived. There is no such thing as mild abuse....abuse is abuse!
I know my life's mission is to bring greater awareness, and by that I don't just mean, oh look everyone, Child Abuse is alive and it is killing our children. My mission goes further than making people aware of statistics. I want people to be ever vigil of your children and the children of every one you know or see. In a Supermarket, watch for child abuse, in Malls, everywhere, even in Churches. It is an ever spreading disease. Report suspected child abuse, just as you would any other life threatening disease! The devastating long term effects of child abuse can be debilitating! There is chronic depression, agoraphobia, dissociative identity disorder, panic/anxiety disorder, trust issues, physical ailments, obsessive compulsive disorder, so many I can not possibly list them all here. I am asking you to watch, listen and if you suspect abuse...REPORT IT! Get involved!
There was an Aunt in my family, who suspected I was being sexually abused by the"Dad". I learned this from my cousins, as adults. My Aunt told no one! My Grandmother, mother to the "Dad", knew for an absolute certainty what her son was doing to his daughter. My Grandmother told no one! What the hell is wrong with people???? These are innocent children being hurt and killed. I just can not understand! Come on people! Do your part to save a child!!
I am hosting an event, through BloggersUnite (http:/www.BloggersUnite.org) on April 4th. The event is entitled "Child Abuse Awareness Month". Please take the time and come join this important event. I will be adding this event on FaceBook as well. I will be posting, Teddy Bears here on my Blog. You can come by and right click and save and then display it in your Blog that day, or use it as your Profile in FaceBook on April 4th. This event is extremely important to me and my friends joining in, is just as important. Think about it, it's one day, one post if you are a Blogger, and a one day change to your profile on FaceBook. Do it for the children!
Sarah~~~
Never miss the opportunity to Hug a Child!
"The truth about our childhood is stored up in our body and although we repress it, we can never alter it. Our intellect can be deceived, our feelings manipulated. our perceptions confused and our body tricked with medication. But someday the body will present its bill, for it is as incorruptible as a child who, still whole in spirit, will accept no compromises or excuses, and it will not stop tormenting us until we stop evading the truth".
No comments:
Post a Comment