Monday, May 25, 2009

"My Memorial Day Thoughts"

I know someone else already posted here, to honor our Troops, now serving, those that have served and those who gave the ultimate sacrifice to protect our Nation's freedom. But I wanted to also say something about Memorial Day, as well.

I am Pro Peace. That does not mean I do not appreciate everything our Soldiers do for us, they are all Heroes to me. I want all of them home, safe, united with their families. War sickens me! The loss of so very many lives! The unbearable pain it brings to their loved ones they leave behind. I ..... can't finish...too much voices

Susannah~

"The truth about our childhood is stored up in our body and although we repress it, we can never alter it. Our intellect can be deceived, our feelings manipulated. our perceptions confused and our body tricked with medication. But someday the body will present its bill, for it is as incorruptible as a child who, still whole in spirit, will accept no compromises or excuses, and it will not stop tormenting us until we stop evading the truth".

5 comments:

Just Be Real said...

Dear one, we cannot get enough of supporting our troops! Thank you for sharing your post!!!

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

thank you for sharing your thoughts. i feel the same way. though i'm opposed to war and feel like i'm a pacifist, i do not feel disrespect towards soldiers. they are human beings doing their jobs, doing their best. i know sometimes war happens to protect people who are being tortured, so maybe sometimes fighting is necessary. but i wish it were never the case. i wish humans would just stop hurting each other. that guns and fists could be dropped. and we could have peace. i think memorial day is a nice holiday. i think it's important to honor those who have died, soldiers and everyone else too. wishing you peace~~

steveroni said...

Cannot finish--that's OK, suzannah Rainbow. We understand. More than you know.

--Only halfway there...Blessings!
Tomorrow?

One Prayer Girl said...

Still praying for you.

This may sound like empty words, but it is not. When I write it I mean vibrant, living, love-filled prayers are being said for you.

PG

Barbra said...

Mountainmama said it beautifully!
Thank you Susannah for posting!
Blessings and safe hugs,
Barbra