Friday, June 19, 2009

"What's Happening to Me?"

More and more lately, I can not remember things...like for example, I had a topic I wanted to write about tonight...but I can NOT remember what it was. I can't follow conversations either...I get lost and have to ask people to repeat what they have just said. I become distracted easily. I started dinner tonight, then walked into the computer room and began playing a game...and dinner burned....I had totally forgotten about it. The man who lives here will say something to me...and I just look at him...because in a split second, I am totally lost and have no idea what he just said. This is all very annoying and the only answer I can seem to come up with is....I am switching....a lot. I am not aware of it, if that is indeed what is happening. And that thing with the hands, it is happening again. I watch my hands doing chores or typing but they are NOT my hands and I have no idea who they belong to! I have lists of things that I want to accomplish during the day....but I never seem to get any of the items completed. I may start one or two of them, but I never complete them. I forgot I even have a list. Then I will see it, in plain sight and wonder where did it come from...was it always just sitting there and I just missed it? Phone calls from my Mother are so confusing! Usually, I listen, not with my heart, but I do listen...but lately, I don't know half of what she has said. She accuses me of doing something else while I am on the phone with her. But that is not the case. I just get lost. What is happening to me? I have been seeing Doc for over a year now and last Monday I passed the office 3 times and had to turn around...what is that about? It is already 4 in the morning and I have no idea where the day went. My vision is once again, blurry and at times things look small and far away. I feel like I am not here...that I am somewhere else...but where???????????

Sueann

"The truth about our childhood is stored up in our body and although we repress it, we can never alter it. Our intellect can be deceived, our feelings manipulated. our perceptions confused and our body tricked with medication. But someday the body will present its bill, for it is as incorruptible as a child who, still whole in spirit, will accept no compromises or excuses, and it will not stop tormenting us until we stop evading the truth".

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

it sounds like you are experiencing some depersonalization, derealization, and amnesia. i don't know why you are going through this more than usual, maybe it's stress, like the stress of the man losing his job? but it sounds so difficult. i'm sorry you're going through this. i hope you start feeling better soon~

Arvind Kumar said...

attractive post, well writen by u

steveroni said...

You remind me of me...4 AM!

Also i am somewhere...but I don't really give much of a hoot where that is. Now, here's where we might show some difference:

I'm OK as long as I keep in mind WHO I am. It is not so simple for some peeps??

Peace, and Love
U.S.

Barbra said...

It must be so confusing to you!
I am sorry for you but I hope it will be a good sign for your recovery.
Take care, blessings and safe hugs!
Barbra

steveroni said...

Hey peeps, I thought I commented way back this morning. But if it was rejectable--or if I did not post it--then here is what I wanted to sa....Gosh, I forgot!!!

And that is the truth my Dear Ones. But my excuse is AGE, Babies, AGE. Ha!